Friday, January 6, 2012

SPARK

What a great name for a science museum.

We spent our first museum visit since moving to Calgary (I can't believe we haven't been yet - I am museum crazy) at the SPARK Science Center enjoying Astronomy night.


We had so much fun. We took the telescope that my brother gave us for Christmas 3 YEARS ago to the "learn how to use your telescope" night hosted by the Center and the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada. I had no idea that we have an Equatorial Mount scope. Until last night I didn't even know what and equatorial mount was. The best part of the evening ... after learning how to set up the telescope and taking it outdoors, WE had a line of people waiting to look at the moon. Gives new meaning to the words "amateur astronomy night."

Can't wait to practice and go back in February.

No comments: