Saturday, January 7, 2012

Worthwhile Map

Slate magazine has an article on a guy named David Imus who made an award winning map. It is actually an interesting article about an award I didn't even know existed until today, the Best of Show award from the Cartography and Geographic Information society.

I love his map. The article gives lots of reasons why you should appreciate the map. But I love this map for one reason. And I think it is brilliant.


Look at the differences. What do you see in the first that the second does not have? Exactly, the best University in the country has now been found map-worthy. And apparently it is more map-worthy than that other school. Go Northwstern Go!

(And yes, for that reason alone, I purchase the $40 rolled and laminated map and paid $20 to haveit shipped to Canada. Some things are worth it.)

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Thank you very much for the recommendation of Louis Markos' books. I am not familiar with them but "From Achilles to Christ" intrigues me a great deal. I'll add it to my TBR list.